Election Day is right around the corner. To ensure you are ready and able to vote in the upcoming election here are some tips on registering to vote in the State of Nevada.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- In order to register to vote in the State of Nevada, you must be a citizen of the United States and 18 years of age or older preceding the next general election.
- To register to vote in Nevada, you must be a resident of the state and county for 30 days and in your precinct for at least 10 days prior to the election.
- You must not have been convicted of a felony or treason, or if so, your civil rights must have been restored. You must not have been declared incompetent by a court.
- If you meet requirements 1-3 there are four ways you can register to vote. Print a form online, request a form by mail, pick up a form or register online.
- Print a registration form
- Request a form by mail. or phone (702) 229-6311 or fax (702) 382-4803 and mail it in.
- Register in person.
- Register Online.
- You can also obtain voter registration forms from libraries throughout Clark County, at U.S. Post Offices, at DMV locations and at some banks and grocery stores.
- A Nevada Driver's License or State Issued ID card are the best forms of identification, but some other forms may include.
- Rent receipt with pre-printed address
- Bank statement or pre-printed check
- Credit card statement
- Car registration or proof of insurance
- Government document (tax bill, income info.)
- Current utility bill
- You must register by 9:00 PM on the fifth Saturday before any general election and by the third Saturday before any recall or special elections.
- Nevada is a closed primary state. This means that to vote in a primary election you must be registered with the Democratic or Republican parties.
- Whether you register in person or by mail, make sure you detach the receipt from your Application and retain it as proof of your registration. Keep it until you receive your Voter Registration Card or until you vote. If for some reason the Election Department did not receive your Application, the receipt will greatly aid in tracking down your form.