Featuring a pancake breakfast, a parade, a legendary water fight, games, booths and concession stands and of course fireworks the Boulder City Damboree Celebration remains one of the best ways to celebrate Independence Day in the Las Vegas Valley.
Each year on the 4th of July the Las Vegas "suburb" of Boulder City hosts the Boulder City Damboree Celebration. This year commemorates its 64th year with the catchphrase "Preserving Our Past to Educate the Future."Built in the 1930's to house and entertain the men building the Hoover Dam, Boulder City remains a quaint slice of Americana that is often difficult to find in modern, noisy and neon illuminated Las Vegas.
What is the Damboree Celebration?
Held in Boulder City, the town that built the Hoover Dam, the annual 4th of July Damboree celebration has everything once could look for in a Independence Day celebration. Starting with free pancakes (yum) at the crack of dawn, the real fun begins with the parade at 9:00. Famous for the water battle section of the parade, where float riders and bystanders battle with squirt guns and water balloons, this parade is more fun and cooling than most. Just make sure to know the rules.
- "New Water Zone - The only location for water play on the parade route starts at Aztec to Ave B & Ave B to the end of the parade at 6th Street. If you want to engage in water play, you MUST be at this location. No water play will be allowed at any other location on the parade route." As published on Boulder City's Official website.
During the parade a flyover featuring pilots from the Boulder City Veteran's Flying Group will zip overhead to cheers and screams. Then head down to Broadbent Memorial Park where the fun and festivities continue all day.
Starting at 6:00 PM the fun moves to Veteran's Memorial Park, where food music and of course fireworks will round out the night. Bring the kids, grandma and grandpa and enjoy America's most Patriotic Holiday in the town that made modern Las Vegas possible.
What Happens When?
- 7:00 AM: Pancake breakfast hosted by the Rotary Club at Bicentennial Park.
- 9:00 AM Parade starts at Colorado St, then onto Nevada Highway to Broadbent Memorial Park at 5th St.
- 9:05 AM Flyover by the Boulder City Veteran's Flying Group
- Festivities at Broadbent Memorial Park 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Midway Booths featuring food, drinks & games. Presented by non-profit groups
- 11:00 AM Damboree Celebrations with Flag Raising & National Anthem and the presentation of parade trophies & greetings by dignitaries.
- 1:00 PM Coin Toss at the Pool (admission: price to the pool)
- 2:00 PM Games and Contests
- Festivities at Veteran's Memorial Park 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- 6:30 PM Food - fun, water park & competitive games
- 7:00 PM -8:45 PM Pie Eating and Live Music
- 9:00pm Fireworks Show
Official Info From Boulder City
The Boulder City Damboree Celebration remains one of Las Vegas' most popular 4th of July events. As such, it quickly gets crowded and parking can be difficult to find
More Things To Do In Las Vegas on the 4th of July.
4th of July Parades
Things To Do This 4th of July Weekend
- Chill Out at a Pool
- Zipline at Boulder Canyon
- Take in a Famous Las Vegas Show
- Take a Day Trip to Red Rock Canyon
4th of July Info