When you pull up to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa you can be forgiven for thinking you've entered into one of James Bond's haunts in Monaco. Mediterranean style architecture brings a high end feel to what many have dubbed a locals casino. Far from the tourist bustle of the Las Vegas Strip, Green Valley Ranch is a retreat for those of us who live and work in Las Vegas.
Located in the Green Valley neighborhood of Henderson it has all the amenities one would expect of the big Strip casinos with a more personal feel that makes patrons feel like they've in the know. The entire complex is geared towards locals, with great promotional incentives and frequent discounts and deals.
Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa is located in the Green Valley planned community of Henderson near The District, an increasingly popular shopping and residential area. Depending on traffic it is a 15-30 minute drive from the Las Vegas Strip.
2300 Paseo Verde Parkway
Henderson, Nev. 89052
(866) 782-9487; (702) 617-7777
Rooms: 490 rooms with 84 suites.
Check Room Rates Here.
Restaurants: Green Valley Ranch has eight full service restaurants and numerous other quick meal options. Numerous Best Of Vegas dining options as voted by readers of the Las Vegas Review Journal are among them.
- Hank's: - Voted Best Steakhouse in Vegas.
- Terra Verde - Italian Fine Dining.
- Feast Buffet - Best Brunch Buffet in Vegas (2010 Las Vegas Review Journal readers).
- Sushi + Saki - Like having sushi in an upscale Ikea.
- China Spice - Standard and quirky Chinese fare.
- Tide's Oyster Bar - Voted Best Seafood in Vegas by LVRJ readers.
- Grand Cafe - 24/7 Cafe with all the staples.
- Turf Grill - Burger and Sandwich joint.
- Quick Meal Options - Villa Pizza, Panda Express, Fatburger, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Tropical Smoothie Cafè, Capriotti's and U-Swirl.
Bars and Clubs:
- Quinn's Irish Pub - Great selection of Irish and European beers.
- Drop Bar - Voted Best Lounge by LVRJ.
- The Backyard - Outdoor Pool Lounge.
- The Pond - Private Poolside Lounge.
- Lobby Bar - Hip, Sheek and Convenient.
- Ovation Concert Hall - Great National and Regional Acts. Check Schedule Here.
The Spa at Green Valley Ranch:
- Full massage, facial and nail services.
- 30% Discount for locals Mon-Thurs
- 20 % Discount for locals Fri-Sun.
- 2,200 machines. Slots, Poker, Keno etc.
- 22 tables available in the brand new poker room.
- Over 55 table games including Blackjack, Baccarat, Craps, Poker, Roulette and more.
- All new Boarding Pass. A player's card that works at all Station Casinos. Voted Best Players Card by LVRJ.
- Numerous Promotions available to Boarding Pass Members.
Shopping and Amenities:
- The District Shopping Mall is minutes away from the Green Valley Ranch.
- Regal Cinemas Green Valley Ranch 10 is on property.
- Co-Owned by the Station Casinos and Greenspun Media, publishers of Las Vegas Magazine and the Las Vegas Review Journal.
- Several episodes of CSI were filmed on premises.
- Green Valley Ranch often fronted as the fictional Montecito Casino from the TV show Las Vegas.
- The third season winner of Hell's Kitchen, Rahman Harper was awarded a contract as head chef at Terra Verde.
Green Valley ranch is exactly what it is billed as, a high end locals casino that doesn't hit the wallet as heavily as some of the high end Strip hotels like the Bellagio and Aria. While it lacks the presence of a big time show it has a great concert venue in Ovation that draws national acts like Styx and Aaron Lewis.
Green Valley doesn't have super cheap tables like O'Shea's, but it does have weekday minimums on blackjack and the like that hovers in the $10 range. Great food venues like Turf Grill and the Feast Buffet combine with some great bars, like the centrally located Drop Bar that is hip without being pretentious and Quinn's where the true feel of an Irish Pub is ever present.
Worth the short drive and is even a great place for a night away or a staycation. check the frequent locals promotions and make sure you grab your Boarding Pass.